Domestic Aspirations of a SAHM
Taking a “Green” and environmentally friendly approach, many products are “re-constructed” from vintage items to create one of a kind clothing and accessories. Treasured Threads also takes custom orders and can embroider specific names, initials and designs on to virtually anything!
The idea came about due to my cousin passing away back in 2001 from a suicide. I had treasured her tshirt so much that I was started to get worried when it started to show it’s age. I wanted to be able to keep wearing the shirt, but knew I had to come up with something else, so after many options were evaluated, I made a scarf. I will never part with it- it means the world to me and represents having her with me when it’s around my neck and close to my heart. I added her birthday in embroidery and can always add to it if I’d like, change a charm, or redesign it once again evem!! Many options are possible!! But it made me feel so good to have salvaged this item, I wanted to help others and do the same for them! SO I DID. i started asking people if they had items they’d like to do this with and the interest was there… BOOM, idea was born, and set into motion. I find it my pleasure to make you something special. :)♥
making a version of this for dinner tonight, soooo pumped.
gluten free chocolate chip turtle bars
1container Pillsbury® Gluten Free refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough3/4cup chopped pecans
30caramels, unwrapped1/4cup whipping cream
1 1/2cups semisweet chocolate chips1/4cup plus 3 tablespoons whipping cream1/4cup chopped pecans
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spoon cookie dough in greased or sprayed 9-inch square pan; press evenly in bottom of pan. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup pecans; gently press pecans into dough. Bake 15 minutes. Cool 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, microwave Filling ingredients uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring twice, until caramels are melted. Stir until smooth. Spread over cooled base. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 3In another medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons whipping cream uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is smooth. Pour over filling. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Refrigerate until set, 1 to 2 hours. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Congratulations to darksideofthespoon, whose Oatmeal Ice Cream with Toasted Walnuts won the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal!
Read more: Winner of Your Best Recipe with Cereal on Food52
always try to keep baby wipes with me at gigs (especially for boogery/slobbery type kids) but hate the packaging…
little bit o hot glue makes it all better
Diaper wipes cases? Hmm
2 large old bananas + 1 cup of quick oats. You can add in choc chips, coconut, or nuts if you’d like. Then 350º for 15 mins. THAT’S IT! would be good for a grab and go bfast with some fruit (=
Fruit & Herbs Flavored Water Tutorials
- For best flavor let ingredients sit for a few hours before serving.
- I make these on large water bottles for the gym
- You can serve this for outdoor summer parties (picnics, fourth of july, garden weddings etc)
- This is significantly lower in calories than juices, soda
- Adding a bit of flavor to water can make it easier to drink more water than usual (sometimes it’s hard to drink 8 glasses of plain water a day)
- I *think* if you are on the Weight Watchers Program fruits & herbs have 0 points (so it’ll count as if you’re drinking plain water) *I don’t know if they changed this points rule…please double check :)
Have to make these soon!!!
-Willam Belli, from Willam’s Beatdown Episode 6
Watercolor on paper. This quote was just too perfect and the dusty pink wig was even more perfect. Had to paint her.
Yesssss!!!! Abbreviations in today’s youth are STUPID
Heres what I like to think every time I get dressed.
Hahaha this is hysterical!
wow. this summarizes my awfulness quite succinctly.
Willam 💗all the good ones are gay!!!
Willam!!!! I am OBSESSED with her!!!!
Homemade, it’s been a while!
i made my own biscuits and gravy this morning, with french toast and strawberry syrup… my homemade bug bit me again!! Making broccoli casserole and chicken tonight!! It’s already prepped, just waiting to pop the casserole in the oven and crisp the chicken!!! :)
Cheers to the compilation of my life's trials and tribulations mixed with the enjoyment of my loved ones & recipes I get my hands on along the way. I make mistakes, try to grow, and accept all the changes along the way... here's to honesty, it's the only thing worth writing about.